The addition of wholemeal flour sets this flapjack apart from many others. Add in fresh berries for a lovely juicy, chewy treat – and all ready in less than an hour.
Makes: 16 squares
Time: 45 – 50 minutes
Need: a 20cm/8” square tin.
- 125g/4½oz unsalted butter, softened
- 125g/4½oz light brown sugar
- 60g/2oz wholemeal flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g/7oz porridge oats
- 175g/6oz blackberries (or other berries)
1. Heat the oven to 180°C / fan 160°C / 350°F / Gas 4. Grease and line the tin.
2. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix together. Stir in the flour and salt.
3. Add the golden syrup and mix well.
4. Stir in the porridge oats and the blackberries, gently if you want to keep them whole.
5. Spoon the mix into the tin and press down firmly.
6. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
7. Leave to go cold in the tin and then turn out and cut into pieces.
Click this link for more tasty traybake recipes. Here are some of my personal favourites that I think you’ll love too:
Or have a look at my site for other recipes, sweet and savoury.
If you’d like to make a comment or ask a question please do, via the contact page.