I got into baking a few years ago upon retiring from full time English teaching. I’ve always enjoyed food and keeping very fit, active & healthy. I’m hoping to combine all these interests on this site and continue my journey of baking discovery. I’d love you to join me here.
I won’t bore you with a long drawn out biography, but here’s a shortish “about me” bit:
- Born in Scarborough, Yorkshire (a long time ago)
- Grew up in Nothamptonshire
- Left school with no exams
- Started work in a shoe factory aged 14
- Joined the army – Intelligence Corps (Yes, hard to believe, I know) Posted to Cyprus.
- Took exams later, left the army and went to Avery Hill Teacher Training College in SE London
- Taught PE and English in North Kent for many years
- Found faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and saviour (There, I’ve said it. Don’t worry I promise not to preach.)
- Lived, taught and shared my faith in China for a year.
- Came back, married and later moved, with my wife and two children, to Derbyshire on the edge of the wonderful Peak District.
- Now retired, but still working one day a week as Duke of Edinburgh’s Award co-ordinator. Other activities include urban orienteering, running, walking, lots of other exercise, baking, church life, family and eating.
N.B. The apron was a present – I’d never dare make such a claim.