Just as a good blondie should be, these are tasty, chewy and fudgy with a wonderful range of flavours and textures. Plus Easter eggs, of course.
Makes: 20 pieces (cut 5 x 4)
Time: An hour or a bit less + cooling time.
Need: A 30 x 23cm (12” x 9”) tray
- 275g/9½oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 175g/6oz unsalted butter, softened
- 115g/4oz golden caster sugar
- 125g/4½oz light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 100g/3½oz – 150g/5½oz white chocolate pieces or chips
- 50g/1¾oz glace cherries, chopped small
- 25g/1oz pistachios, roughly chopped
- 25g/1oz mini marshmallows
- 2 x 90g/3¼oz packets of chocolate mini eggs (Keep back 20 for decorating)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C / Fan 170°C / 372°F / Gas 5. Grease and line the tray with baking parchment.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
3. Put the softened butter, sugars and vanilla extract in another bowl and beat well, until smoothly creamed.
4. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
5. Add in the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined, no more.
6. Mix in all of the white chocolate chips and about two-thirds of each other remaining ingredient, saving the rest to go on top before baking.
7. Press the mixture into the tin. Level the surface with a spatula while pressing it down. Now scatter or place the remaining ingredients over the top and press in slightly. (Don’t forget to keep back 20 eggs for decorating.)
8. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the edges start to brown. Be prepared to cover with foil if it browns too quickly or becomes very dark. There should still be a “wobble” when baked.
9. Leave in the tin to cool then cut into pieces and remove. Before fully cooled, gently push one of the saved mini-eggs into the middle of each piece.
Click this link for more tasty traybake recipes. Two of my favourite blondies and brownies that I’m sure you’ll love too are these: Orange and Blueberry Blondies and Coffee and Cream Brownies.
Or have a look at my site for lots of other great recipes. If you’d like to make a comment or ask a question please go ahead using the link on the contact page.